BPE are an established precision manufacturing company with a state of the art machine shop and a growing client list. We are now recruiting for the following role to join the established team due to continued growth:
CNC Programmer - 3 and 5 axis
Joining one of the leading engineering companies in precision manufacturing you will receive a competitive salary / hourly rate to match your level of experience and the opportunity of professional development.
Responsible to: Production Manager
The post holder will be responsible for the following duties:
- Create programs for 3 and 5 axis milling machines from technical specifications or other sources within allocated timescales.
- Create set up sheets, tooling lists and inspection documents which can be easily interpreted by machine setters.
- Interpret engineering drawings, sketches and technical data to determine tooling, methods and procedures.
- Prove out programs on CNC Milling machines.
- Determine machine control settings to regulate positioning, speeds, feeds etc.
- Monitor operation and machine displays to detect malfunctions.
- Measure parts for conformity with specifications.
- Diagnose and rectify issues with methods and programs.
- Analyse and improve programs and methods to increase machine efficiency and/or reduce risk of non-conformance.
- Compliance with, implementation of and contribution to improving relevant quality standards
- Concise and accurate record keeping including ensuring the integrity of the technical database
- Comply with good housekeeping and Health and Safety standards / legislation and contribute to improvements
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Participation in relevant training as required
- Participation in and contribution towards continuous improvement activities
- Assist other departments as needed
- Must be flexible to meet company demands throughout the year.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by Production Manager
- Minimum of 3 years programming experience relevant to 3 and 5 axis machine tools
- Programming experience with either HyperMill or Mastercam software
- Have a high standard of PC literacy - use of Microsoft Office applications and Windows type network environments.
- Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented atmosphere and on own initiative.
- At least HNC/HND or similar qualification in a mechanical engineering or equivalent discipline
- Experience of setting and operating 3 and 5 axis machine tools
- Experience of operating Heidenhain controls.
You will be joining the established team where you will develop programs for a diverse range of components and parts in a wide variety of engineering materials. Programming tasks will be allocated, and you will follow a process to allow smooth and efficient workflow through our manufacturing environment. Programs will be created from 3d models and technical drawings supplied by our customers. You will develop set up instructions, tool build lists and verification documents to ensure an efficient set up and prove out process on our production floor. You will liaise closely with production, quality and other departments to ensure quality parts are produced and to meet challenging and tight deadlines.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience in programming from solid models using HyperMill or Mastercam. You will need to be strong at reading technical drawings and flexible to assist company needs as required. Previous experience working in aerospace would be advantageous but not essential. A strong work ethic and a willingness to learn is essential.
What you'll get in return
Joining one of the leading engineering companies in precision manufacturing you will receive a competitive salary, which is negotiable based on your level of experience and ongoing performance.
We are a growing company and are constantly working to improve our standards, opportunities may arise for professional development, and experience of emerging and varied technologies.
For further information, including a Job Description or to apply please contact Cherry by CLICKING APPLY FOR THIS JOB for an Application Form.
Closing date: Friday 31st January 2020 at 12pm.
Permanent posts – flexibility required
Boyce Precision Engineering is an Equal Opportunities Employer