BPE are an established precision manufacturing company with a state of the art machine shop and a growing client list. We are now recruiting for the following role to join the established team due to continued growth:
We have the following vacancy for immediate start:
CNC Operator (day and night shift)
Rates of pay: £10.76 per hour / £14.34 per hour night shift
Hours per week 39
Night shift (4 nights Monday - Thursday)
Permanent post – flexibility required
Joining one of the leading engineering companies in precision manufacturing you will receive a competitive hourly rate to match your level of experience and the opportunity of professional development.
Responsible to: Production Manager
The post holder will be responsible for the following duties:
- Loading and running of Turning or Milling machines
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- Use measuring instruments for conformity with specifications
- Inspect work to drawings and technical data supplied ensuring quality of product.
- Provide accurate and comprehensive data and information for the next shift to ensure continuous machine operation
- Operate lathes, saws and grinders
- Compliance with, implementation of and contribution to improving relevant quality standards
- Comply with good housekeeping and Health and Safety standards / legislation and contribute to improvements
- Perform routine daily maintenance tasks.
- Concise and accurate record keeping
- Driving duties as required
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Participation in relevant training as required
- Participation in and contribution towards continuous improvement
- Assist other departments as needed
- Must be flexible to meet company demands throughout the year.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by Production / Operations Manager
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good mechanical dexterity skills
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Previous experience in an engineering environment
- Basic computer programming experience
Please forward an up to date C.V. via clicking on the APPLY BUTTON.
Closing date Wednesday 2nd January 2019 at 12 noon