Job Title: Telephonist / Showroom Host (Part Time Permanent)
Location: Mercedes-Benz, Portadown, 9 Carn Court Road, Portadown, BT63 5YX
Hours: Approx 30hrs / week with opportunities to work additional hours
Weekly: Combination of reception, coffee dock and telephony shifts during the week, including 1 late night and 1 sat per fortnight on a rota basis.
Flexible: To work additional shifts during the week to cover holidays and sickness for both Telephony and Reception role.
Salary: National minimum wage
Report to: Quality Manager
This role is the friendly greeting and dealing with all customers and visitors promptly, efficiently and professionally upon entrance to the showroom. To quickly understand customer’s requirements and introduce them to the appropriate member of staff/ management.
Your skill set:
To be considered for the role, applicants must demonstrate how they meet the following criteria:
- At least 1 years’ experience dealing directly with customers in a premier Retail, Restaurant or Hotel environment.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
- Previous switchboard experience.
- Previous experience of serving food/beverages.
- Be a confident, well presented individual who possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have a professional telephone manner and a passion for service excellence.
- Flexible to working hours requirements
To efficiently manage the Front of House operation and ensure the customer experience is the best it can be, by ensuring:
- Every Customer is pleasantly acknowledged immediately upon entering the showroom.
- Recording details of customers/visitors and ensuring messages/requests communicated efficiently and speedily to the appropriate person /department.
- Use of SAM system, entry and linking of customers on a daily basis
- If Customers are awaiting attention they are offered seating, refreshments & reading material in reception centre until attended to.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that all customers or visitor are being dealt with promptly and professionally.
- Building relationships with customers and visitors including internal staff and management.
- Maintaining order and cleanliness in main Reception area including the function/availability of equipment, information, refreshments and snacks.
- Ensuring all catering arrangements are in place, i.e. display, cleanliness, availability, Operation of showroom music system etc.
- To leave the showroom, particularly the reception area clean and tidy, switching off electrical appliances.
- To efficiently operate the company switchboard and keep an accurate record of all messages, ensuring they are passed on promptly to the appropriate person.
- To open and distribute the incoming mail
- To bring any problems or situations which affect the smooth running of the dealership immediately to the attention of management.
- To maintain good working relationships with management and colleagues to facilitate the achievement of the company’s goals.
- To ensure that all telephone lists and emergency telephone numbers are updated and circulated on a regular basis.
- To ensure the reception area is kept neat and tidy at all times, as dictated by company standards.
- Stationary Orders – Responsible for processing stationary orders as required and requested.
- Responsible for daily ordering of flowers and distribution of delivery list internally
- Any other duties that may be required as directed by the Manager.
- Take an active part in upholding the Company’s Health and Safety Policy as set out in the Company Handbook.
For further details please click on the APPLY BUTTON.