BPE are an established precision manufacturing company with a state of the art machine shop and a growing client list. We are now recruiting for the following role to join the established team due to continued growth:
Tool Assembly Technician
Responsible to : Production Manager
The post holder will be responsible for the following duties:
- Review engineering information, tool design drawing and other specifications to determine methods and sequence of operations to assemble tools.
- Assemble tooling for 3 and 5 axis machines using setup sheets
- Control Stock levels
- Re-ordering of tooling
- Inspect used tooling to determine re-usage/scrap
- Operate tool vending machine / shrink fit machine and tool pre-setter
- Liaise with tooling suppliers and order non standard tooling from vendors
- Provide accurate and comprehensive data and information for the next shift to ensure continuous machine operation
- Compliance with, implementation of and contribution to improving relevant quality standards
- Comply with good housekeeping and Health and Safety standards / legislation and contribute to improvements
- Perform routine daily maintenance tasks.
- Concise and accurate record keeping
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Participation in relevant training as required
- Participation in and contribution towards continuous improvement
- Assist other departments as needed
- Must be flexible to meet company demands throughout the year.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by Production / Operations Manager
- Previous engineering experience in a similar environment
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Knowledge of machine cutting tools / toolholding
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good mechanical dexterity skills
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy and quality
- Basic computer programming experience
Joining one of the leading engineering companies in precision manufacturing you will receive a competitive hourly rate to match your level of experience.
To apply please CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON and request an application form.
For further information, contact Dorothy Boyce on 028 38881415/ email@example.com
Closing date Tuesday 28th May 2019 at 4.00 pm
Hours per week 39
Permanent post – flexibility required
Wage : £10.76 per hour
Boyce Precision Engineering is an Equal Opportunities Employer