Tax Technician - Portadown
MCS Group has a brand-new opportunity for a Tax Technician at a high reputable, well sought after mid-tier accountancy practice in their Portadown office.
Our client is a highly reputable accountancy practice with longstanding staff - many of which have well over 10 years service, reflecting positively on the way the firm is managed. You will benefit from experienced and approachable managers who know the business and clients inside out and can make sure you feel welcomed and supported in your new role. With a friendly team environment and flexible working options, this is an ideal opportunity for someone seeking a long-term stable role with an excellent work-life balance.
As the successful tax technician you will be responsible a daily basis for the following duties:
- You will be assisting with the management of a diverse portfolio of local clients including sole traders, partnerships and companies.
- You will be exposed to a varied workload including accounts, personal tax, corporate tax, VAT work, using several accounting packages including Sage, Xero, and Iris.
- You will play a key role in developing and maintaining new and existing client relationships, mentoring junior team members, and increase service delivery to drive the business forward.
As the successful Tax Technician you will have the following characteristics:
- You will ideally have at least 2 years' experience in preparing personal tax returns for clients.
- You must have previously worked in an accountancy practice.
- You may be from a personal tax, corporate tax, or mixed tax background.
- A tax technician qualification would also be desirable but not essential.
As the successful Tax Technician you will not only benefit from exposure to clients from numerous backgrounds and a mixed tax workload, you will also receive:
- Market competitive remuneration package
- Study support for further qualifications
- Flexible and regular working hours (work around school hours)
- Free parking on-site
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Adam Macklin, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. ?Please visit our website to view a wide selection of our current jobs.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs