MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting a commercial analyst for a leading FMCG business in Co. Armagh.
Due to continued growth we have an exciting job opportunity for a commercially driven candidate eager to take the next exciting challenge in their career whilst driving value and innovation.
Job: Commercial Analyst
You will be responsible for driving value to the bottom line by analysing various aspects within the business including contract reviews, margin management, price margin and product switching.
Reporting into the commercial / margin finance manager your responsibilities are as follows:
- Manipulate large data to monitor and ensure that consistent results are being achieved in margin management, KPI's and company's objectives
- Responsible for contract reviews such as end dates, increasing prices and competitor pricing etc
- Identify reducing margins and come up with action plans to stabilise and make further improvements
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly low margin investigations
- Communicate with sales and marketing to agree price increases and product promotions
- Highlight suitable products that will enhance the margin with a focus on switching to brand alternatives
- Work closely with Category Mangers to gain product knowledge to increase awareness of suitable and potential switches
- Identify opportunities for additional revenue in line with company guidelines
- Conduct pricing exercises on tenders / large quotes
- Assist with other reporting requirements of the business in collaboration with the reporting analyst and Margin manager
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a commercially focused analytic type role
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness
- Excellent Microsoft excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous experience using ERP's and reporting tools
- Finance qualification desirable
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs