MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting a Temporary Assistant Management Accountant for a key Public Sector client. Role based in Craigavon. Immediate need. Competitive hourly rate & flexibility on start and finish times.
3 Month Minimum Contract
Role based in Craigavon
Excellent opportunity to gain experience in the public sector!
The Assistant Management Accountant will be responsible to a Regional Management Accountant for the provision of an efficient, effective and professional management accounting service to support the business in meeting the objectives of the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Play a key role in the development of budgetary control processes to further instil an ethos of devolved budgetary control, supporting budget holders with the provision of reports, investigation of variances and providing advice on necessary corrective actions.
- Plan, manage and organise the day to day operation of the relevant Finance section to ensure all transactions and requests for information are processed within organisational targets, timescales and procedures.
- Provide senior Finance staff with performance information in relation to the relevant areas of responsibility, ensuring that any issues are escalated and proposals for resolution are made.
- Assist with ad hoc investigations and reports, while ensuring that regular reports are produced and circulated in accordance with agreed reporting timetables.
- Maintain effective financial systems to fulfil the requirements of legislation, accounting standards and financial control obligations. This will involve reaction to, and anticipation of, changes in legislation and policy.
- Develop Team KPI's and assurances for the section, and a system for monitoring and reporting of these.
- Represent the Finance division on internal/external committees and working groups, as required.
- Identify business improvements with the aim of enhancing the performance of the relevant Finance section.
Candidates must hold one of the following qualifications:
the final examinations of AAT or IATI; or the foundation papers of a CCAB body (or equivalent) or
a relevant Bachelor's degree (where accounting is the major component) or equivalent qualification
Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years' experience in an accounting environment in at least 3 of the following areas:-
Experience in budget setting, forecasting, monitoring and reporting of expenditure.
Experience in the identification and implementation of business process improvements within a finance environment in order to drive improved performance.
Experience in managing a team (Manager/Supervisor role) within a busy finance environment in order to ensure deadlines are achieved and procedures followed, whilst ensuring suitable arrangements for staff training, motivation, discipline and performance assessment.
Experience in the use of an integrated financial management system, linked reporting tools and advanced spreadsheets skills.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Clare Simpson, Temporary & Interim Finance Recruiter at MCS Group on 028 96935499 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456 .
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs