MCS Group is urgently seeking an Accounts Receivable Temp on behalf of a Global Manufacturing firm. The role is based in Lurgan. 9-12M FTC. AR/Sales Ledger experience is essential. Highly sought after employer. Competitive salary & early finish on a Friday!
The Accounts Receivable (AR) Specialist is responsible for various tasks related to the overall customer billing, dispute resolution, cash application, credit review, and other AR processing and functional activities.
- Respond to and resolve internal/external customer enquiries.
- Review AR accounts for erroneous transactions.
- Review cash receipt, overdue invoices, refunds, etc.
- Bank/remittance data received and input.
- Credit card payment information received and input.
- Ensure accurate and timely cash application.
- Apply short-pay write-offs and credit notes.
- Apply and record "unapplied cash".
- Any other ad hoc duties as deemed appropriate by management.
Required Skills & Competencies:
- Highest ethics and integrity.
- Customer communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Flexible to new ideas and ways of accomplishing tasks.
- Functional knowledge of the accounts receivable and collections processes.
- Analytical skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Essential Education and Experience:
- Must be educated to a minimum of GCSE level or equivalent including Maths and English.
- At a minimum one (1) year experience within an Accounts Receivable/Credit department, including proven experience with payment resolution and cash application.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment with a high volume of transactions is essential.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, etc.).
Desirable Education and Experience
- Advanced Excel experience.
- Experience of Oracle or SAP accounting software would be advantageous.
- Candidates with shared services experience.
- Fluent in another European language would be advantageous.
Must be a team player able to demonstrate strong customer focus with the energy, drive and commitment to successfully work through any and all issues and objectives related to this role and that of the overall team.
Experience: 0 yrs