MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting an Accounts Payable Manager for our construction client located in Co. Down.
This is a good time to be joining our client's operations who pride themselves in creating long lasting customer relationships by providing excellent products and first-class service.
Job: Accounts Payable Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic Accounts Payable Manager to join a rapid growing company. Managing a team, you will delegate work load and ensure a complete and accurate ledger is maintained with authorised payments made to suppliers within agreed time frame.
Reporting to the Financial Controller your responsibilities are as follows:
- Oversee, manage, mentor and develop a team
- Month end payment checks and supplier reconciliation reviews
- Monthly sub-contractor payment reconciliations
- Monthly purchase invoice processing checks to ensure compliance with our clients internal control processes
- Accurate and timely entry of purchase invoices whilst working to tight deadlines
- Review uploads, ensuring accuracy of job costings and GL coding
- Liaise with other departments, suppliers and subcontractors to resolve queries in a timely and professional manner
- Identify and develop process improvements that will increase accuracy and efficiency of invoice processing
- Review processing levels, identify and resolve internal or external issues negatively affecting performance
- Provide relevant reports to Senior management
- Any other duties required to fulfil the requirements of the position.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team in a busy working environment
- Competent in Microsoft suit with strong evidence in Excel
- Proven experience managing a Purchase Ledger team
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Organised and structured approach
- Able to add value through implementing efficiencies where needs
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs