MCS Group is urgently seeking an experienced Financial Accountant on behalf of a key client within the Pharmaceutical & Biotech industry.
Highly sought after employer & globally renowned firm.
12M FTC - MAT Cover
The successful Financial Accountant will:
- Prepare monthly management accounts plus associated reports, operating KPI's and finance commentary, analysing variances both from budget and from prior periods.
- Ensure all month end transactions and journals are completed as needed.
- Prepare any revenue recognition calculations required at month-end, determining the current project WIP status, by analysing raw material spend and labour usage against the project budget.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly including accruals, suspense accounts, etc. and maintain analysis information on all movements in these accounts.
- Ensure the Fixed Asset Register is kept up to date.
- Provide weekly financial reports on material costs and labour usage required to manage the customer contracts database
- Assist with the preparation of year-end accounts and any supporting working papers as required for auditors.
- Review and report on suppliers (AP) and debtors (AR) performance.
- Respond to requests for information from both financial and non-financial internal customers and produce both regular and ad-hoc reports as required.
- Perform any other duties reasonably requested by the Company Accountant and Financial Controller.
- Part qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Experience of preparing periodic internal management accounts, reports & KPI's
- Experience of preparing year ens packs & papers for audit
- Experience of using an ERP system to account for transactions in the GL
- Experience in preparing revenue calculations
- Strong Excel skills
Excellent salary & experience on offer for the successful candidate.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity call Clare Simpson, Financial Contracts Consultant on 02890 235456 or send your CV to the link provided.
If this role is not right for you we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs.
All conversations will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs