MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting in Accounts Payable for our construction client located outside Portadown.
This is a good time to be joining our client's operations who pride themselves in creating long lasting customer relationships by providing excellent products and first-class service.
Job: Accounts Payable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapid growing company. Reporting into management you will maintain and develop an efficient ledger providing excellent attention to detail. This is an opportunity for a candidate with a minimum of 1 years' experience seeking a reputable organisation with great growth potential.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain Purchase Ledger including registering of invoices / credit notes received daily, processing for receipt of goods, matching with purchase order and ensuring controls at each stage agree with supporting records
- Ensure Non-PO invoices are authorised, coded and processed.
- Ensure all supplier invoices are processed in accordance with laid down procedures and audit regulations carrying out any follow ups when necessary.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues. Ensure resolved queries are actioned and removed from query daily.
- Prepare and process payments for weekly and monthly BACS payment runs.
- Preform Supplier reconciliations and if required request copy invoice.
- Maintain vendor files
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Prepare for month end close ensuring close deadline is met
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Ad hoc reports-unexpected items arising.
- Develop a good working relationship with all stakeholders in particular our Procurement buyers
- Any other duties required to fulfil the requirements of the position
- 1 year's finance transaction experience in accounts payable
- Competent in Microsoft suit with strong evidence in Excel
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Organised and structured approach
- Able to add value through implementing efficiencies where needs
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs