Vacancy Reference - 15704
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Monitoring and Compliance Officer to be based in Lurgan. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm. The post will require an immediate start and is expected to last until the end of March 2019.
The following duties will be required -
* Implement the annual monitoring programme to include sampling, issuing of monitoring forms and updating charity register where necessary
* Assist in analysing charity accounts and annual returns
* Provide compliance support to charities to ensure good governance and to secure proper application of charitable assets
* Follow up on closed investigations where orders, directions or regulatory advice are in place to ensure compliance
* Work across subject areas such as financial reporting requirements, fundraising, trustee issues, and general governance issues
* Prepare evidence and write reports on failures to comply
* Contribute to the provision of general advice and guidance materials
* Work with intermediary bodies in the charity sector to promote compliance with the law
* Assist in developing and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Maintain electronic filing systems and records accurately and in a timely manner
* Carry out specified project work under the guidance of senior colleagues to support the achievement of project aims
* Comply with Data Protection, Freedom of Information and the Commission’s requirements relating to documentation and record keeping
* Ability to work flexibly across teams and a range of areas
* Ability to manage own workload and work simultaneously on a range of complex tasks
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* ‘A’ level passes in 2 separate subjects or equivalent and 5 GCSE / GCE ‘O’ level grades A, B or C to include English and Maths OR 3 years relevant experience
* Ability to interpret annual reports and accounts
* Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload
* Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* High degree of computer literacy including the use of Word and Excel
* Third level qualification i.e. Business & Finance, Part Qualified Accountant
* Knowledge of charity law
* Knowledge of company and Trustee legislation
* Knowledge of Data Protection and Freedom of Information requests
Candidates will be required to obtain a Standard Access NI check at a cost of £26
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.