Payroll Supervisor, Contract Job, Public Sector, Armagh
Your new company
You will work for a public body in the Armagh area, this is a contracted role for 6 months with the possibility of extension.
Your new role
As Payroll Supervisor you will be responsible for ensuring the proper, accurate and timely delivery of a comprehensive and confidential Payroll service, meeting strict deadlines; supervision of the Payroll Assistants and management and control of the policy and procedures in relation to salaries and wages; assisting the Payroll Manager in ensuring that the organisation meets its obligations in relation to the payment of HMRC and other third party deductions.
A full and detailed job description is available on request.
What you'll need to succeed
- 5 GCSEs Grades (A-C) or equivalent/comparable including English Language and Maths
- Relevant experience working in a payroll environment within a large public sector or private organisation to include three years' experience in all of the following:- Monthly and year-end closedowns; Provision of management reports; Provision of advice and guidance; Detailed use of a computerised payroll system.
- Awareness of the technical aspects of payroll administration, best practice and legislation;
- Awareness of performance improvement and an ability to analyse information and identify areas for improvement;
- Well-developed customer service skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and to build relationships with officers at all levels;
- Ability to deal with and resolve issues using personal and professional judgement;
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative;
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
What you'll get in return
You will work for a leading public body, Monday to Friday 37 hours per week, 9am to 5pm. This is a contracted role for a minimum of 6 months.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs