CNC Setter (Milling)
Responsible to: Production Manager
Hours of work – Monday- Thursday 8:45pm- 7am. (4 nights)
The post holder will be responsible for the following duties:
- Setup and operate CNC Milling machines using supplied set up sheets and NC program data within allocated time frames.
- Understand fully, and be able to accurately interpret engineering drawings, sketches and technical data to allow competent inspection and measurement of components ensuring conformity to specifications.
- Select, assemble and install tooling into the VMC.
- Make required modifications to programmes to ensure component conformance to specification.
- Monitor the machining process and give feedback to programmers regarding program improvements allowing reduction of cycle times and increasing of machine efficiency.
- Identify and solve setup, program, machine and tooling issues effectively and efficiently during setup and production.
- Monitor the machining process and machine displays to detect malfunctions allowing corrective action.
- Maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the engineering database regarding component NC programme revision level and ensure programs are backed up, etc.
- Assist with the creation and updating of machine/component setup sheets.
- Perform routine daily factory and machine maintenance tasks.
- Comply with, help with the implementation of and contribute to improving relevant quality standards
- Concise and accurate record keeping including job card completion.
- Comply with all BPE housekeeping, health and safety standards and legislation and contribute towards making improvements.
- Working under minimal supervision and on own initiative.
- Participation in relevant training when required
- Participation in and contribution towards continuous improvement activities
- Assist other departments as required
- Must be flexible to meet the company’s operational demands throughout the year.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by Production / Operations Manager
- Minimum 3 years proven practical experience setting and operating 3 axis milling machines in a similar engineering environment.
- Be able to accurately and competently read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Be able to competently use measuring equipment associated with precision components
- Ability to react to and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented atmosphere and on own initiative.
- Have a wide range of engineering skills including milling, turning, surface & cylindrical grinding, sawing and bench fitting.
- Previous experience of Mastercam CAM software.
- Have a good working knowledge of Heidenhain controls and understanding of associated NC code including console programming
- Have a good working knowledge of a wide variety of milling machine tooling
- Have a good standard of IT literacy
For further information, including a Job Description or to apply please contact Cherry by CLICKING APPLY FOR THIS JOB for an Application Form.
Closing date Friday 10th January 2020 at 12 noon