Vacancy Reference - 19143
We are currently recruiting for a Band 2 Audio Typist for the Craigavon area. This will be a Part-Time temporary role consisting of 25 hours per week and expected to last for three months. Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 9am - 2pm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Word processing letters from Digital Dictation and audio tape in a timely manner.
* Record and update information on the Patient Administration System (PAS) or other computerised information system.
* File clinic information in patient charts, accurately and efficiently.
* Retrieve and file patient charts, as required.
* Provide administrative cover for the Directorate Team as required, e.g. Personal Secretaries, Ward Clerks and other Audio Typists.
* Answer telephone calls and deal with enquiries from GPs, patients and relatives.
* Undertake general office tasks such as post duties, photocopying, faxing, general filing and word processing.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* 4 GCSEs at Grades A-C including English Language or equivalent/higher qualification
* 1 years' experience in an administrative role
* At least 6 months experience in word processing or typing
* Understanding of how to maintain patient confidentiality in a work setting.
* Accuracy and attention to detail in work, e.g. spelling, grammar, basic medical terms and filing.
* Excellent organisational skills.
* Effective communication skills to meet the needs of the post in full.
* Ability to present word processed documents in a clear and efficient manner.
* Willing to undertake further training / courses as appropriate to the role.
Desirable criteria -
* Audio Typing qualification/ experience.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.