Assistant Accountant - County Armagh
Cpl are delighted to be recruiting for an Assistant Accountant on behalf of their client who are a leadng organisation based in County Armagh. Reporting to the Financial Controller the Assistant Accountant will be responsible for the sales ledger and the management of the budget and forecasting process. This is an excellent opportunity for a Part Qualified Accountant to gain exposure to all areas of the finance function with long term career benefits.
- Variance analysis of specific nominal ledger reconciliations; i.e. sales, bank reconciliations etc.
- Management of supplier invoices and reconciliations of supplier accounts.
- Management of fixed asset registrar and associated journals.
- Management of monthly depreciation and associated journals for management accounts.
- Manage journal entries and reconciliations for monthly management accounts.
- Management and nurturing of financial administrator to ensure full understanding of sales invoicing procedures/accuracy/completion within the required timescales.
- Monthly credit card reconciliations.
- Production of monthly departmental P/L’s
- Issuing rental income invoices.
- Assisting with travel bookings for staff members.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual financial statements.
- Assisting in the preparation of VAT returns.
- Attending meetings on behalf of the finance department when required.
- Deputising for the financial controller as and when required.
- Any other duties that may be required.
- Part Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA)
- Qualified Accounting Technician IATI
- Good level of commercial acumen.
- The ability to understand and produce spreadsheets to high standard.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS office (word and excel) and general IT systems.
- Independent self-starter with the ability to identify improvement to procedures.
- Ability to understand key business drivers, interpret financial results and when required to produce financial analysis information.
- Experience of working as part of a team and effective communication within an organisation.
- Proven record of ability to work to tight deadlines and in a pressurised team based environment.
Remuneration circa £28k
For more information on this excellent opportunity please contact James on 02890 725 614
Experience: 0 yrs