Quantity Surveyor - 3-5 years post graduate experience
Through continued growth, a new contract Quantity Surveyor opportunity has arisen in a successful division of a local government body. Based in Antrim, this is a role that will provide growth and development for the right person and give you unique exposure at the leading edge of large scale projects across Northern Ireland. The role is suitable for someone who is immediately available and the role will be on a contract basis through to the end of March 2017 as a minimum.
As Quantity Surveyor, you will be reporting directly to the Assistant Director. You will assist with the management of Building and Engineering Contracts, working in compliance with the procurement rules, the contract conditions, relevant legislation, regulations, policies and guidance.
Further duties include:
* Preparation & management of tender and contract documents.
* Assessing and agreeing interim payments, variations and final accounts
* Commercial control of subcontract packages
* Value and agree the cost of any variations
* Prepare cost, value and reconciliation monthly reports on each project.
* Advising on procurement strategy
* Liaise with purchasing / buying for specialist providers
* Cost control and Financial management.
* Maintain working relationships with the internal and external stakeholders
The Ideal Person:
In order to proceed with this opportunity, you will have a degree in Quantity Surveying with 5 years post qualification experience working as a Quantity Surveyor. You could also have 3 years experience as Project/Contractors QS with financial management experience of capital projects. As a further option you could be a qualified RICS (QS division) / MCIOB individual with 3 years experience PQE as a Quantity Surveyor.
It would prove advantageous if you have proven experience of PSA schedules and MTC knowledge.
This role will move at pace so if you feel you have the experience required, please contact Brendan Catney for more information on 02890330250 or apply via the link on this page.
Experience: 0 yrs