Your new company
Our client, a leading logistics company, are recruiting an experienced Customs professional to join their team.
Due to Brexit this company will require to establish a Customs team. The successful applicant will be an integral part of this.
Your new role
Responsible for the timely and accurate production and management of customs declarations for the shipments managed within the branch.
* Directly responsible for the compliant production of UK export declarations, UK import declarations and the preparation and processing of corresponding documentation
* Trouble-shooting, problem solving and proactively managing the compliance of the entire customs process, working with all necessary elements of the business to deliver compliance with the overall objective of achieving 100% compliance for all declarations created
* Ensuring that customers are customs compliant and that documentation received is correct
* Checking and producing documentation to ensure Import and Export consignments are in compliance with HMRC rules and regulations
* Consult with HMRC Agents to ease passage of goods through the Import and Export processes, when required
* Ensuring / applying the correct tariff codes to consignments are being used
* Contacting shippers / suppliers to obtain relevant paperwork in relation to an import shipment
* Working with the team daily to ensure all tasks are completed to satisfaction and on time
* Ensuring the relevant branch personnel are adhering to the prescribed process and are performing the task to the highest level of compliance
* Speaking to customers proactively, to assist them with their queries, sharing knowledge and expertise and instilling customer confidence
What you'll need to succeed
* +3 years' operational customs experience, ideally at supervisory level, in a freight forwarding, customs broker, customs agency or a customs department
* Excellent practical knowledge of customs processes and regimes at an operational level
* People person, who can clearly communicate, verbally and in writing
* Has the ability to demonstrate a detailed understanding of key principles for the role e.g. import/export procedures, tariff classification and duty structures, valuation, origin, export controls and specialist regimes (for example, CFSP, IPR, OPR or similar).
* Works effectively as part of a team, with a strong ethic to support and help in order to achieve team objectives as well as individual role objectives
* A strong sense of responsibility and a hands-on approach - always striving to get the job done to satisfaction
* Good interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs