Vacancy Reference 15948
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their large Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Neighbourhood Officer. This position will be based in Ballymena. The hours of this roles will be full time. The duties of this position are -
* Work to ensure that estates are kept free of illegal dumping and abandoned vehicles
* Monitoring the condition of open spaces
* Arranging to have graffiti removed as quickly as possible
* Developing awareness of local environmental issues within the community
* Working with other agencies to improve the environment
* Carry out daily inspections of vacant properties
* Provide accompanied viewing to prospective tenants
* Check for abandoned properties
* Accept repair requests from tenants
* Advise tenants of other services that are available
* To undertake an agreed programme of duties tailored to the local needs of individual estates
* Estate Management
* Environmental Management
* Estate Security
* Community Development
* Dealing with anti-social behaviour
* Showing prospective tenants around property
To be eligible for consideration you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
* BTEC National or equivalent professional or technical qualification with one years' relevant experience.
* 5 GCSE 'O' Levels, including English and Mathematics or equivalent qualification.
* Experience of working with customers and IT will be essential.
* Essentially - applicants must have relevant previous experience in a housing/social care/welfare/caretaking role.
* Applicants must also demonstrate a mature supportive attitude to people and preferably have experience in counselling and first aid skills.
* There will be associated administrative duties.
* Access to a mode of transport is required.
For further information please contact Kennedy Recruitment on 02890 330 555
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Due to the nature of the role you will be required to undergo an Access NI Clearance at a cost of £26.00