Vacancy Reference - 16794
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Band 3 Driver with Caring Duties to be based in Antrim. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm and expected to last for 2-3 months initially.
The following duties will be required -
* Collect and convey clients/patients (including the aged, physically handicapped, epileptics, psychiatric, blind etc.,) to Trust Adult/Day Care facilities
* Carry out daily routine maintenance of their vehicle and minor repairs (including checking fuel oil, water levels and topping up as required, tyre pressures, vehicle cleaning, changing punctured wheels etc.)
* Convey clients to centres, for educational classes, outings, luncheon clubs
* Operate tail lifts on vehicles where provided, after training
* Complete any records in relation to the performance/usage of the vehicle per journey e.g. miles travelled, petrol used, oil replaced, patient/clients carried, loading etc. The information required would vary with the type of vehicle and will be subject to change in the light of development. Daily completion and monthly return of vehicle log sheets
* Secure clients travelling in wheelchairs with the recommended restraint device.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Category D License is required with no restrictions
* CPC Card valid for at least 2 years
* Driver may be required to cover within the NHSCT geographical area
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £33
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.