Reports to: Section Manager
Hours of Work: 39 hours per week excluding meal breaks
Location: Mallusk, Co Antrim
Main Purpose of Job
G4S Cash Solutions have been established in Northern Ireland since 2004. We handle the majority of the cash that goes through the UK’s banks, and a third of the UK's total cash spend. From family florists to national coffee chains, we collect cash for over 4,500 businesses of every size in the UK. This makes us the largest cash collection organisation in the country. Our success as a business is a result of our service and expertise. Our service and expertise is driven by our people. Here at G4S Cash Solutions, we are dedicated to recruiting the Best People and that all starts right here with you.
We currently have a number of opportunities for Secure Drivers to join our team and be a part of our continued success. As a Secure Driver, you will be at the very heart of our operation. Your primary responsibility will be operating a vehicle to securely deliver and collect cash to and from our customer premises. Due to the nature of the industry in which we operate, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures within a highly regulated environment. This will ensure that our service remains superior and that our customers’ requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
Delivering cash and valuables securely is an operation that demands dedication, teamwork and military precision. You’ll need to be able to follow set procedures, assess risk, deal sensitively with customers, lift some heavy loads and keep your wits about you constantly.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Deliver and collect cash/ coin accurately to and from customer sites, within a specified Time Window.
- Ensure all work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with the trip sheet.
- Maintain good, safe and courteous driving behaviour.
- Present a professional appearance by always wearing the company uniform and the equipment provided.
- Always be polite and courteous to customers and members of the public.
- Carry out vehicle checks and report any security and/or mechanical defects.
- Carry out procedures properly in the event of an emergency or a criminal attack.
- Always wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided.
- Checking consignments and ensuring accuracy and efficient loading/unloading at branches and other secure areas.
- Always adhere to Operational Standing Orders.
- Follow company procedures to ensure the security of cash, staff and vehicle is maintained at all times.
- Undertake training to develop, learn and progress.
- Ensure the integrity of audit trails.
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude by carrying out any other duties as deemed reasonable.
So what makes a successful Driver?
- You will need to hold a valid driver’s licence and a C1 licence (allowing you to drive a vehicle up to 7.5 tonnes)
- You will need to be confident communicating with customers and colleagues in both written and spoken English.
- An appropriate level of numeracy is also very important.
- You will need to be confident following specific procedures and instructions.
- You must also be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience in a driving role would very extremely beneficial, as would experience using IT and computer systems.
- Finally, you must be continuously focused on providing a top class service to our customers by being efficient, flexible and at all times security conscious.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
- You must also have a 10 year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
- An SIA licence would be beneficial.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks’ paid holiday, pension scheme and free uniform.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as Catholics are currently underrepresented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from the Roman Catholic community. Appointment will be made strictly on merit.
If interested please submit CV via clicking on the APPLY BUTTON.