Vacancy Reference: 16330
We are currently working in connection with our major public sector client, an established strategic housing authority, to recruit a Counter Assistant in the Ballymena area. Full-time, temporary position, consisting of 37 hours per week, at rate of £9.01 per hour. An immediate start will be available for the successful candidate.
* Level 3 posts are specifically expected to have formal contact with the general public and as such are regarded as being an official representative whereby detailed advice and guidance relating to the policies and procedures of the organisation can be given with authority.
* General administration duties such as arranging details of meetings including location, duration, attendance and the taking of notes for the purpose of minuting meetings is an integral feature of the level.
* Drafting letters, minutes, notes, reports and submissions as a result of gathering and interpreting information from sources within a work location i.e. information held in filing and storage systems either mechanical/technology based, or from information given by a supervising officer.
* Allocation of tasks to junior staff, checking output and quality of work and when required, the re-allocation of duties or workload to these staff. Inherent in this element of supervision of staff is "on-the-job" training where previous experience gained at lower levels is transferred on, as is advising junior staff in courses of appropriate action as governed by the policies and practices or as instructed by a more senior post.
* The collation and analysis of factual information from various sources relating to work specifically assigned to a Level 3 post in order to support the work of more senior posts in the organisation.
* Attending meetings to be advised on new policies or practices or to contribute to the formulation of these specifically in the area of work allocated to the Level 3 post.
* The operation of keyboards where data is being recorded, retrieved, processed on any medium by operation of computer or other terminals as required in the performance of the task. Included in this factor is the operation of photocopiers and printers.
* To positively participate and contribute to the organisation's Business Planning, Staff Appraisal and Business Improvement Processes in the continuous review of standard of service delivery to clients and the development of the business.
To be eligible for consideration you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
* Candidates should hold a BTEC National or equivalent Professional or Technical qualification plus at least 1 year's relevant experience.
* Five GCSE "O" Levels, or equivalent qualification, plus at least 2 years' relevant office experience.
* Competent in the use of excel functionality, including pivots, v-look ups, sorting data etc
* Basic understanding of payment processing
* Ability to work as part of a wider team
* Good communication skills
How to apply:
To be considered for this role click on the 'Apply' button and upload a copy of your CV. You can also call us on 028 9033 0555 to speak with a member of our team.
We look forward to speaking with you soon and discussing this opportunity, as well as the many benefits of registering with Kennedy Recruitment.
Please note that only those candidates shortlisted for the role may be contacted.
For this role Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business. Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
A Basic Access NI check at a cost of £26 will be required before commencement of this role. Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be prohibitive in obtaining a position.
This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
Under normal circumstances the successful candidate will start at the bottom of the scale and receive annual incremental pay increases. However, under our client's policy, there is flexibility to start at a higher point within the scale based on an applicant's previous salary. This can be discussed further at offer stage.