Vacancy Reference: 16320
We are currently working in connection with our major public sector client, an established strategic housing authority, to recruit a Clerical Officer the Ballymoney area. Full-time, temporary position, consisting of 37 hours per week, at rate of £8.62 per hour. An immediate start will be available for the successful candidate.
* Processing of information/applications in accordance with well defined instructions, rules and regulations. Usually this will involve some degree of discretion e.g. the recognition and application of custom and practice and any previous precedent set in deciding an appropriate course of action.
* Scrutinising and verifying accounts, claims and returns for approval and signature by an authorising officer. The checks to be made will be clearly defined and the limits of any subjective checks specified.
* The handling and registration of all incoming cheques/monies in accordance with Financial Systems requirements.
* The preparation of claims, expenses and payments for authorisation within clearly specified limits.
* Undertaking basic or arithmetic calculations and on occasions more complex calculations, under supervision and using technology where required.
* The operation of keyboards where data is being recorded, retrieved, processed on any medium by operation of computer or other terminals as required in the performance of the task. Included in this factor is the operation of photocopiers and printers.
* To positively participate and contribute to the organisation's Business Planning, Staff Appraisal and Business Improvement Processes in the continuous review of standard of service delivery to clients and the development of the business.
* 5 GCSE's or equivalent inc. English & Maths at Grade C or above
* Previous administrative experience desirable.
* Must have physical ability to lift boxes of files.
Benefits of registering with Kennedy Recruitment:
* Competitive weekly pay
* Positions exclusive to Kennedy Recruitment
* Chance to be considered for more desirable opportunities
* Ongoing training and support with our specialist Consultants
* Opportunity to progress your career with Kennedy recruitment
How to apply:
To be considered for this role click on the 'Apply' button and upload a copy of your CV. You can also call us on 028 9033 0555 to speak with a member of our team.
We look forward to speaking with you soon and discussing this opportunity, as well as the many benefits of registering with Kennedy Recruitment.
Please note that only those candidates shortlisted for the role may be contacted.
For this role Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business. Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
A Basic Access NI check at a cost of £26 will be required before commencement of this role. Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be prohibitive in obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
Under normal circumstances the successful candidate will start at the bottom of the scale and receive annual incremental pay increases. However, under our client's policy, there is flexibility to start at a higher point within the scale based on an applicant's previous salary. This can be discussed further at offer stage.