Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with Northern Health & Social Care Trust to recruit a Band 3 Personal Secretary based in Antrim. This is a temporary full-time role for 30 hours a week. The hours of work will be 9.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday. This role is for 1 month initially.
The expected duties for this role will be -
* Provide secretarial services to a senior member of staff, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
* In addition as a member of a secretarial team, the post holder will be required to provide clerical support to other members of staff within the department.
* Provide administrative/secretarial support within the department, eg audio typing, word-processing, photocopying, filing, etc.
* Arrange and provide administrative support at meetings including minute taking and issuing of relevant documentation.
* Organise and maintain relevant diary/schedule and arrange appointments and meetings.
* Process and distribute all incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail as required.
* Deal with incoming telephone calls and handle queries as appropriate.
* Manage and maintain appropriate records eg: sickness absence, accident reporting, and notification of change.
* Act as a reference point for all internal and external enquiries relating to the department and ensure necessary communication is maintained with the director, senior managers and other professionals.
* Participate in training appropriate to the duties of the post.
* Provide administrative cover as required during the absence of other administrative staff.
* Undertake any other duties as assigned by Manager/Senior Managers to ensure the needs of the department are met.
* Use Trust wide and departmental computer technology in line with the Trust's Information Management and Technology Strategy.
* Through his/her own actions ensure adherence to the Principles of Equality and Human Rights Legislation.
* Liaise with complainants on behalf of General Manager; including organisation and minuting of complaint meetings and collating complaint responses for General Manager.
* Take appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries to the General Manager, ensuring effective messaging and "bring forward" systems are in place and that the necessary follow up action is undertaken
It is essential that candidates meet the following criteria -
* 4 GCSE including English Language (Grade A-C) or equivalent PLUS 1 years clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment
* 2 years clerical / secretarial experience in an office environment plus GCSE English Language (Grade A-C)
In addition to the above applicants must possess RSA Stage 2 Typing / Word Processing parts 1 and 2
Equivalent qualifications considered.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC).
Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.