Honeycomb is delighted to be representing a credible education sector client in the recruitment of a full-time Training Support Officer. Ballymena; requiring personal car. 6mths p.extension.
The Client: This highly renowned organisation provides apprenticeship schemes and work-based placements to trainees across various settings from the collaboration with the further education setting. This educational organisation prides itself in it's reputable relationship throughout all parties from perspective of staff through to students and carries a range of benefits/ prospects throughout it's career opportunities.
- Monitor trainees/apprentices attendance and progress in line with internal procedures and DfE training guidelines.
- Source appropriate work placements.
- Liaise with trainee/apprentice, employers, curriculum teams and Quality Improvement team to ensure quality of provision.
- Contribute to trainee/apprentice support issues.
- Achieve targets for trainee/apprentice monitoring visits and work placements
- Ensure that all accidents are reported and recorded according to procedures and Health and Safety Executive procedures within the required timescale.
- Monitor, for designated cohort of trainees/apprentices, attendance and progress in line with agreed targets, using agreed documentation, as designated by the Training Support Officer Team Leader
- Visit trainees/apprentices to an agreed schedule and complete trainee/apprentices progress reviews within the prescribed time frame.
- Ensure that non-attendance of trainees/apprentices is identified and appropriate remedial action is implemented.
- Ensure that any lack of progress of trainees/apprentices is identified and appropriate remedial action is implemented.
- Work with relevant curriculum and student support staff to identify trainee/apprentice support needs.
- Participate in recruitment, marketing and induction activities for prospective trainees/ apprentices as required by Training Manager, Training Support Officer Team Leader Marketing Manager and Student Admissions Manager.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above including English Language and Mathematics.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in an office environment which included experience in production of documentation and dealing with customer queries, use of email and internal electronic systems.
- IT literacy in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Numerate and accurate when working with figures.
- Ability to record, store and retrieve information.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for liaising with staff and customers.
- Ability to deal efficiently with telephone and face-to-face enquiries.
Desirable Criteria -
- At least 2 years' experience within the last 10 years of working to support trainees/ apprentices on DfE funded training programmes within a Training Organisation.
- Level 4 qualification OR at least two years' experience in a similar role additional to that experience gained in criterion above.
- Valid driving licence and access to a car for business purposes.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery, Specialist Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
"Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Enhanced Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £33.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please go to:
www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/accessni-criminal-record-checks for more information."
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is permitted to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **
Experience: 0 yrs