Sales Orderline Clerk - Carrickfergus
A dedicated key role within the Sales office team, responsible for providing a high standard of customer service to our Stockist and Trade customers throughout Ireland. Provide business support to our sales team and others to drive and improve business performance and maintain growth using a variety of functions and services.
- Consistently deliver a high standard of customer service, meeting KPI targets set by the Team leader
- Process all incoming customer orders in a timely, accurate and efficient manner and priortise for distribution scheduling
- Gain and demonstrate a clear understanding of the business and the different systems used in order to achieve and provide a high standard of customer service.
- Gain a thorough knowledge of all PPG and 3rd party products so that accurate information and prices can be given to customers, both internal and external. Ensure you are up to date with the current company pricing architecture and promotional activity at all times.
- Investigate and respond to all customer queries, enquiries or complaints following all Company procedures and guidelines at all times.
- Utilise information sources, i.e. PPG website, PPG intranet and product manuals to deal with a variety of questions and queries from customers
- Contribute to telesales events to maximize ‘add-on’ sales
- Be fully aware and compliant with the Company’s Sarbanes Oxley/ISO procedures and guidelines
- Any other tasks as requested by the Team leader
- Excellent customer service skills (essential)
- Analytical and excel skills (essential)
- Excellent communication and keyboard skills (essential)
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and quickly adapt to change in a fast paced working environment (essential)
- Good standard of education in both Maths and English (essential)
- Must be able to work as part of a team (essential)
- At least 3 years’ continuous service/experience in an administrative or retail environment (desirable)
- May be required to work Bank Holidays due to the nature of the business
Duration of the assignment and grade: Permanent, Full Time
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
To apply, please CLICK APPLY FOR THIS JOB.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.