MCS Group is working with a leading healthcare business on a key Business Development Manager role where you will lead on the exciting development of its new veterinary division across key markets in the UK, Ireland and internationally.
Our client, locally based in Northern Ireland, has developed a hugely successful business through the design and production of a range of diagnostic tests. Having significant production capability and a team of talented engineers and technical specialists, the business has now positioned itself to expand its experience into animal healthcare including Bovine, Dairy, Swine and Poultry.
This is a fantastic position for a professional who has a scientific and technical background in the veterinary industry and is excited by the prospect of building a business than disrupt the market with a new range of portable diagnostic testing systems.
You will be operating in a diverse role that will include a focus on business development, marketing and sales as well as being involved in new product development and being a crucial voice of the customer in shaping strategy.
- Development of business, marketing, and sales strategy for the introduction of new distributive diagnostic testing devices into an established market
- Creating, maintaining, and building relationships within the veterinary practice, farming community, and existing Healthcare customer base
- Developing the Healthcare Veterinary brand and driving brand awareness for local, national and international markets
- Setting sales targets in conjunction with the company's senior management
- Planning and execution of activities for the UK, Ireland and International markets to achieve and exceed targets
- Identify new opportunities/leads and generate sales reports
- Liaison with Governmental and Non-Governmental stakeholders
- Provide the interface to the customer and proactively resolve customer issues to promote sales
- Provide the Voice of the Customer and liaise with the development team on new products and features
- Generate and present planning, status, and sales reports to senior company management
- Actively participate in evaluation of regulatory requirements and certifications for the target markets
The successful candidate will be vastly experienced in the veterinary industry with a track record in sales and business development.
- Direct current knowledge of and experience in animal husbandry methods and techniques, including exposure to diagnostic tests
- Strong skills in negotiation and leveraging to increase the business sales
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish rapport quickly, build and maintain relationships.
- Proficient with MS office suite of tools (Word, Excel, Power point etc) and general business-related tools, e.g. CRM etc
- Flexibility for travel, with current clean driving license
- Motivated and target/goal focused
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently (additional languages may be favourable)
- Eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.
You will be rewarded with a generous salary and benefits package, negotiable depending on experience. The role offers a high level of autonomy with the support of the senior management team and has ongoing scope for progression.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Kirsty Dillon, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs