Vacancy Reference: 18026
We are currently recruiting for a Grounds Maintenance Operative for the Antrim area. This will be a full-time temporary role, Monday to Friday consisting of 37hours per week, with an hourly rate of £9.36. This vacancy is expected to last for 3 months.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure grounds and horticultural areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards and carrying out the instructions of the Team Leader/Parks and Cemeteries Supervisor
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment required to carry out any of the duties
- Carry out routine maintenance activities including litter and leaf collection, hedge cutting, planting, sweeping, weed control operations, grass cutting, shrub/tree pruning, floral planting, watering hanging baskets, maintaining pitches/sports area, administering fertilisers/spraying pesticides and any other grounds or cemetery maintenance activities required in the delivery of the service.
- Undertake duties in the Nursery, for example, making up hanging baskets; prepare cut flower and other displays; sow seeds; take cuttings etc.
- Routine constructional labouring, including backfilling graves and topping up sunken graves
- Carry out routine maintenance of plant and equipment including daily checks on oil, water, fuel, tyres to ensure that plant and equipment are kept clean and operational condition
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience of horticultural work including planting, bedding and flowerbed maintenance.
- Displays a positive attitude and flexible approach
- Working knowledge of grass cutting, and grounds maintenance techniques
- Knowledge of horticultural materials including shrub, bedding, plants, etc.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations
- A full current driving licence, to included Class C1+E to enable postholder to drive a vehicle and trailer combination up to 8.25 tonnes
- Hold a Driver Certificate of Professional Competence and Qualification card
- A recognised qualification of competence for professional grass cutting equipment
- Hold PA1 qualification for the safe use of pesticides
- Hold PA6A qualification for spraying pesticides using a hand held applicator
- Hold an NVQ Level 1 in Amenity Horticulture
- Hold a qualification in Road Management/Traffic Control
- NPTC in use of Chainsaws
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.