Sortation associate position is an on-going temporary role and can offer full time hours as well as the possibility to gain a permanent position with Amazon. Carrickfergus site start operating from 30th of September, but we are looking for people to be trained before that time on our Belfast site.
Job is based in Kilroot business park Unit 16C, Carrickfergus, BT38 7PR
Wage is £9.50 basic to £20 an hour for over 50hrs a week ( night shift pays £1 bonus for each hour)
Shifts are 2am to 10:30am or on Sunday at 03:30am to 12:00noon
Your tasks may include:
- Receiving & sorting parcels into relevant post codes.
- Handling the full range of items sold by amazon and its marketplace sellers in the uk, including but not limited to: age restricted products, food (including nuts and meat) and alcohol and chemicals;
- Following Amazon's internal processes and procedures, including using radio frequency (rf) scanners and reading instructions from the scanners;
- Placing packages onto the sortation belts
- Sorting packages on the sortation belts
- Preparing trolleys for delivery associates
- Checking for accuracy in the packages that have sorted
- Adhere to strict safety, quality and production standards
- You will be required to adhere to strict safety, quality and production standards and consistently achieve Minimum Acceptable Performance Standard (MAPS) set for your department.
This Picker and Packer / Warehouse Operative role involves the following physical requirements on a daily basis:
- Standing and/or walking for long periods of between 8 and 11 hours per shift (flex and part-time shifts may vary)
- Lifting and moving products up to 15kg in weight
- Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching for 8 to 11 hours per shift (flex and part-time positions may vary)
- Pushing and pulling product up to 15kg in weight for 8 to 11 hours per shift (flex and part-time roles may vary)
- Manual dexterity of both hands and wrists;
- The temperature in the warehouse varies and in the summer months will occasionally become warm. Working nights, weekends, and/or holidays may be required, in addition overtime is often required (sometimes at short notice).
Picker and Packer / Warehouse Operative shift times
Night shift only starting at 2am to 1030am working any 5 nights per week out of 7
Picker and Packer / Warehouse Operative pay rates
- The pay rate for a night time Parcel Sortation Associate is £10.50 per hour
- Over-time is paid at a higher rate!
How to Apply?
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Put "WHA" in the title please.
Experience: 0 yrs