We are currently recruiting for a brand new Amazon site in Belfast which specialises in the delivery of retail items to the general public. The Picker and Packer / Warehouse Operative role will involve scanning parcels into bags in preparation for the delivery drivers to take the items for delivery.The warehouse is clean and tidy and has free tea and coffee for all staff.
The Picker and Packer / Warehouse Operative position is an on-going temporary role and can offer full time hours as well as the possibility to gain a permanent position with Amazon.
Your tasks may include:
- Receiving & sorting parcels into relevant post codes.
- Handling the full range of items sold by amazon and its marketplace sellers in the uk, including but not limited to: age restricted products, food (including nuts and meat) and alcohol and chemicals;
- Following Amazon's internal processes and procedures, including using radio frequency (rf) scanners and reading instructions from the scanners;
- Placing packages onto the sortation belts
- Sorting packages on the sortation belts
- Preparing trolleys for delivery associates
- Checking for accuracy in the packages that have sorted
- Adhere to strict safety, quality and production standards
- You will be required to adhere to strict safety, quality and production standards and consistently achieve Minimum Acceptable Performance Standard (MAPS) set for your department.
This Picker and Packer / Warehouse Operative role involves the following physical requirements on a daily basis:
- Standing and/or walking for long periods of between 8 and 11 hours per shift (flex and part-time shifts may vary)
- Lifting and moving products up to 15kg in weight
- Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching for 8 to 11 hours per shift (flex and part-time positions may vary)
- Pushing and pulling product up to 15kg in weight for 8 to 11 hours per shift (flex and part-time roles may vary)
- Manual dexterity of both hands and wrists;
- The temperature in the warehouse varies and in the summer months will occasionally become warm. Working nights, weekends, and/or holidays may be required, in addition overtime is often required (sometimes at short notice).
Picker and Packer / Warehouse Operative shift times
Nightshift only starting at 2am to 1030am working any 5 nights per week out of 7
Picker and Packer / Warehouse Operative pay rates
- The pay rate for a night time Parcel Sortation Associate is £9.00 per hour plus Holiday pay
- Over-time is paid at a higher rate!
All interested candidates please contact Naomi at Premiere People on 02890 720106 or email your CV via the link
Experience: 0 yrs