MCS is proud to be partnering with a global giant in the manufacturing industry, to recruit a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for a 12 month contract, with the possibility of extension.
This is an amazing opportunity for an Mechanical Engineer to work within the Custom Power Solutions Team based in Larne.
- To review new projects with respect to commercial and design implications.
- To check, approve and release for manufacture design calculations, drawings and design documentation, created by design group members.
- To provide valid designs of selected projects backed up by technical drawings, instructions and B.O.M. 's to enable the manufacture and assembly of specialist genset applications.
- Application of fluid flow dynamics for specialist ventilation, fuel and exhaust requirements for selected projects. Design of specialist acoustic canopies and container based enclosures.
- Application of vibration and isolation techniques.
- Specification and requisition of fabrication materials, components and instrumentation. The recording and control of documentation issued for manufacture.
- Provision of technical support to fabrication bay/production.
- Interpretation of building services/architects/civil engineers/consultant drawings. Additional Responsibilities:
- To complete and maintain necessary design documentation.
- Developing Standard Work and Administration Instructions where and when appropriate.
- To participate in the training and career development of new designers.
- Assist with product testing and/or evaluation when appropriate.
- Remain current in technology developments and industry standards. Provide guidance and technical leadership to engineers and associate engineers.
The candidate will have:
- A University Degree in an engineering discipline plus extensive relevant job experience
- Experience of mechanical design and ability to interpret engineering drawings-sound technical background and a good knowledge of current engineering drawing practice
- Experience in the use of AutoCad and CREO Il drawing packages or similar.
- Knowledge of noise, vibration, welding, fuel transfer, heat transfer, material science, structural or other specialist systems.
- Experience in acting as lead engineer
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ruairi McCann, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
Experience: 0 yrs