Vacancy Reference - 17225
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary HGV (C+E) Driver for the Antrim area. This is a full time role, Monday - Thursday 7.00am to 4.45pm and expected to last for 8 weeks with possible extension. The following duties will be required -
* Ensuring that each day's task, rota and workload is completed on the appropriate day and the week's task is completed within the normal working week.
* Driving and being responsible for the vehicle and passengers, including compliance with the Road Traffic Regulations (Northern Ireland) Order 1997 as amended and all other relevant legislation
* Carrying out routine vehicle maintenance checks as specified including cleaning and operation of any fitted power mechanism.
* Daily reporting any actual or potential mechanical or electrical faults, or damage to the vehicle, to the Cleansing or Recycling Supervisor as applicable
* Maintain records, completing documentation and all associated work including receiving and giving instructions to crew members. Where authorised, supervision of crew, the operation of the service and customer liaison in accordance with the standards set
* When carrying out Waste Collection duties, to collect all refuse & recyclable material (including assistance with loading where required) and subsequent depositing at approved controlled landfill or other designated waste management site. Ensuring that a standard approved letter is left at any property where, for any reason outside the control of the crew, waste has not been collected.
* When carrying out Street Cleansing duties, to cleanse footpaths and adjacent gutters, collection of litter on public highways and other specified areas within the borough to the standards of the Litter Code by means of manual sweeping, shovelling, litter picking, pedestrian operated suction sweepers and other appropriate methods.
* Emptying of litter bins and refuse receptacles, weeding of footpaths and gutters, cleaning of street furniture, removal of fly-tipped and fly-posted materials, removal of animal carcasses and any other cleansing or emergency works
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Have held a Valid Category C + E licence for a minimum of 3 years
* Hold a full CPC Licence/Drivers Qualification Card
* Minimum of 3 years' experience operating LGV with a category C+E licence
* You will be required to do a Driver Assessment in order to fulfil the roles of this post
* Minimum of two years' experience within a waste management sector
* Minimum of two years' experience of driving refuse collection vehicles
* Minimum of 1 year experience operating HGV Mechanical Sweepers.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.