Your new company
Our client a manufacturing company in Ballymena are recruiting an experienced Senior Production Planner.
Your new role
- Lead and manage the production planning team to ensure the planning function is organised to deliver accurate and efficient production plans, tonnage data and optimum stock levels. This will be to ensure maximum sales and customer satisfaction levels with their deliveries on time.
- Responsibility for planning production of items in agreement with the production departments to achieve completion dates as agreed with the customer.
- Leading communication for production planning which acts as the central point of contact regarding all orders for sales, technical, production and dispatch personnel.
- Attend the weekly production planning meetings with a commercial approach to achieving optimal efficiency and tonnage levels. Ensuring effective communication in relation to production plans between related departments and raising any concerns which may impact the production programme.
- Ordering raw materials for projects as necessary, such as steel for example, ensuring the lowest possible stock levels to allow production to proceed in line with programme.
- Liaise with the Purchasing department to ensure that materials are purchased at the optimum price and that accounts are set up with suppliers appropriately.
- Produce the monthly stock evaluation and assist in calculating optimum stock levels and forecasts, working within these to assist the company to manage cash flow.
- Help the company to improve On Time In Full (OTIF) KPI delivery.
- Optimize production around any capacity constraints e.g. labour, machinery, maintenance, mixer etc.
- Delivery and management of new production planning/scheduling software to improve efficiencies in the process and on the factory floor/paperless software.
- Record any non-conformances and/or complaints received as tickets on the SalesLogix CRM package and assist if required in the resolution and completion of Corrective Actions Reports.
- Liaise with the Office Administrator in relation to stock, invoicing and customer credit terms.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed through consultation with the Sales Manager.
What you'll need to succeed
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in production planning and experience of leading a team
- Further level education, such as BTEC level or similar, preferably in a business related subject
- High levels of accuracy and organisation, with proven strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Clear strong communicator, interpersonal skills and ability to work in a busy commercial office
- Strong commercial understanding of business principles
- Driven individual motivated to achieve targets/KPIs
- Experience of stock control and valuation
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Outlook and experience/knowledge of accounts/stock management software packages, such as SAGE software
- Knowledge of/experience of implementing LEAN manufacturing techniques
- A business related or engineering degree
What you'll get in return
Company benefits include a competitive salary, car parking, pension, healthcare scheme, attendance pay, holidays and childcare voucher scheme and cycle to work scheme. Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.00pm. The successful candidate may be required to coordinate and participate in the annual stock take, usually held on a Saturday once a year.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs