Your new company
Our client is an independent fashion house boasting 95 years heritage and a portfolio of leading menswear brands.
They are currently recruiting for an experienced Buying Manager to join their head office in Carrickfergus.
Your new role
As a Buying Manager you will be responsible for the development and delivery of commercial collections from conception to fulfilment, to achieve sales and margin targets aligned to the organisation's strategic objectives.
- Setting of the strategic direction for each relevant brand and product category each season, in conjunction with the Design Director.
- Seasonal Range Planning
- Critical path management of all aspects of product development, buying and production.
- Lead, manage, support and motivate a team including buyers, designers, production planners and technical resources in product development and production fulfilment.
- Negotiation of prices, terms and delivery schedules with suppliers to meet company policy, budgets and objectives.
- Management of the delivery of production programs in conjunction with production planning and Ops colleagues.
- Manage the sourcing strategy for each brand and product category to achieve required quality, price points and lead times.
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
- Assist with the identification and investigation of new suppliers.
- Be prepared to travel to relevant trade exhibitions and production sites as product design and development matters may require.
What you'll need to succeed
- A minimum of 5 years experience within any buying role
- Previous experience managing a team
- IT proficient
- Experience with outsourced production
- Experience within a buying role within the apparel/fashion industry would be desirable
- Knowledge on garment construction is also desirable, but not essential
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary and benefits discussed at interview
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs