Are you an experienced Operations Manager with a proven background in a manufacturing / engineering environment?
Do you have sound knowledge of manufacturing processes including lean principles?
Would you like to work for a leading business with excellent remuneration on offer?
We have a very exciting role with a leading manufacturer as they look to appoint an Operations Manager to lead their manufacturing facility in Newtownabbey. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email email@example.com
Our client is a leading global manufacturer, who provide innovative products to domestic and professional markets worldwide. We are currently seeking an experienced Operations Manager to work within our European Plant based in Newtownabbey. You will be part of the senior management team focused on delivering world class manufacturing operations.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be managing all manufacturing operations and related activities to ensure productivity, quality and costs meet the stringent demands of a business that requires World class performance.
This is a challenging role but rewarding as the company ethos embraces lifelong learning and a culture of team building and leadership.
- Formulate and deliver projects to improve overall efficiency/OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and promote Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing in all aspects of operations.
- Monitor and analyse departmental data, KPI's and costs. Report findings to the management team, and work with champions to implement and drive key improvement activities and reduce associated manufacturing costs in a timely and planned manner.
- Manage factory facilities (such as energy consumption, or compressors).
- Identify and develop processes to help in the reduction of waste.
- To introduce and new and existing plant technology.
- Lead special projects as required, which may cover technical advances and capability studies.
- Use lean principles to analyse specific problems and create action plans for cross-functional teams.
- Identify root causes of issues and provide technical advice and direction to the production team.
- Responsibility to manage all health and safety compliance
- To deliver manufacturing costs in line with budget targets
- Actively participate in the improvement process
- Understand, utilise and teach lean tools and techniques
- Track and report ideas submitted
- Update and analyse cell metrics, department metrics and company wide KPIs
- Identify root cause of process failures.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A Minimum of 5 years' experience at senior level management
- A minimum 2:1 Mechanical Engineer degree or equivalent.
- Strong Leader ships skills in a highly engineering environment.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes and engineering disciplines.
- Lean certification or Six Sigma background (Black / green belt).
- Proven track record in delivering continuous improvement projects
- Experience working within a highly automated manufacturing environment with a proven track record in delivering continuous improvements, implementation of new products, processes and competent working to International quality standards
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Experience: 0 yrs