Your new company
Hays Legal are recruiting on behalf of a leading technologies company in their search for a senior commercial contracts lawyer to join their EU legal team.
Your new role
The primary focus of this role is to provide day to day commercial contract support across a range of technology focused businesses across the EU region.
Main duties include:
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on a range of commercial contracts for our procurement, engineering, sales and marketing teams: including NDAs, strategic purchasing agreements, product development and/or sales agreements with customers, service level agreements for provision of tech solution product offerings including software, services, analytics, big data and internet of things;
- Leads for the EU legal team in recommending and implementing any necessary changes, updates or improvements to our in-house contracts process regionally, including proactive responsibility for the maintenance and development of internal EU contract templates and contract know?how within the law department for the EU region and internal training;
- Assisting with the development of a culture of contracting excellence through proactive engagement with key stakeholders in the business teams and designated centres of excellence (COEs) to help drive continuous improvement of contracting process, quality and turnaround times;
- Providing contract negotiation/red flag training and support to commercial teams, COEs and new starts/others, as required; and
- Supporting other group projects and the global legal team.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have a Law degree from a reputable University in the UK or Ireland and substantive post qualification experience drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide range of commercial contracts, ideally in the technology sector.
- As a guide we are looking for fully qualified lawyers for this role with at least 6 years PQE including at least 2 years of that spent in a commercial advisory role in private practice.
- Experience with different varieties of software arrangements, for ex. SaaS, Cloud, etc.re-occurring revenue models and new technologies such as Industrial IOT is also essential.
- Ability to provide clear, commercial legal advice, support commercial negotiations and operate in a fast-paced environment;
- Substantial experience reviewing, advising and negotiating a range of commercial contracts including product development, service and software agreements;
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) and strong organisational skills to manage workload and deadlines to achieve desired results and drive engagement with key stakeholders;
- Team player comfortable operating within a small legal team with an international client base and within a global matrix organisation;
- Proficient IT skills including (Microsoft office, word, adobe, power point, teams). Ability to edit and produce own contract drafting;
- Fluent in English language with significant English language legal drafting skills.
- Additional European languages/experience is a plus but not essential.
What you'll get in return
A competitive market salary and flexible working arrangements are all on offer for you here.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs