Vacancy Reference - 18522
We are currently recruiting for a Skills Coach IT to be based in Antrim. This will be a full-time permanent role, consisting of 35 hours per week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* To deliver structured and comprehensive training that:
- Meets the appropriate accredited standard
- Adheres to Company Guidelines and Procedures
- Is appropriate to the needs of individual clients.
* To provide regular assessment and review of the above programmes.
* To facilitate the introduction of new clients to the service by taking an active role in initial visits and Client's induction and assessment programme
* To provide key worker support to all clients as identified via a key worker list.
* As part of the key worker role to undertake ongoing assessment and review of individual client needs and where appropriate attend external review meetings.
* As part of the client training and development process to:
- Ensure that action plans are drawn up that adequately reflect the individual client's training needs
- Ensure that action plans are reviewed on a regular basis and that all action points are implemented by agreed dates
- Be proactive in implementing the client exit strategy policy
* To ensure that all client information is maintained and held in accordance with Client policies and procedures
* To satisfy all contractual requirements as directed by stakeholders and funding bodies in relation to service delivery
* To ensure adherence to the organisation's policy on the Management and Handling of Client Complaints
* To ensure adherence to relevant organisational and legislative requirements.
* To support quality improvement systems including Investors in People, Customer Service Excellence as appropriate.
* To ensure that all aspects of legislative and organisational Health & Safety standards and requirements are maintained
* To ensure that, where any risk has been identified in relation to new or existing clients, a full risk assessment is carried out and appropriate follow up action is taken.
* To take part in supervision, appraisal and training as identified through Client's Staff Learning and Development Processes
* To take personal responsibility for continuing personal and professional development and maintain a current continuing professional development portfolio.
* To adhere to Client's set of Core Values and Corporate Behaviours
* Support the realisation of annual operational targets in respect of:
- Client occupancy and attendance
- Training and development outcomes
- Positive outcomes for leavers
- Income generation, where appropriate
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* GCSE Maths and English grades A*- C or RQF level 2 equivalent
* Recognised RQF Level 3 IT qualification
* Certificate in Teaching or equivalent
* Occupationally competent to deliver BCS Qualifications
* Paid experience in a mental health or other relevant setting
* Evidence of delivering vocational/accredited I.T. training in a group setting, i.e. OCN, ECDL, NVQ or BCS
* Able to demonstrate good communication skills.
* Proven ability to effectively support and work as a member of a team
* Evidence of having undertaken client focused, needs based assessment, action planning and programme delivery
* Proven ability to deliver business results
* Strong commitment to quality assurance, continuous improvement and the delivery of best practice
* Able to demonstrate flexibility, self-motivation, confidence and ability to use initiative
* Good organisational skills
* Ability to demonstrate alignment with client's core values and organisational behaviours
* To undertake other additional duties as may be reasonably assigned according to the changing priorities of the Service and the needs of the client group
* The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Access NI Disclosure check before commencement of employment
Closing date for this role is Tuesday 15 October 2019 at 12noon.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.