Vacancy Reference: 18741
We are currently recruiting for a Server Officer for the Castlereagh area. This will be a full-time temporary role, Monday to Friday consisting of 36 hours per week, with an hourly rate of £10.05. This vacancy is expected to last for 2 months with the possibility of extension.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To support the College’s server and storage systems (on-premise and Cloud based) to achieve the targets as defined in the Service and Operational Level Agreements
- To manage the College’s virtual server environment including installs, configurations, day-to-day maintenance and troubleshooting
- To carry out security and anti-virus procedures and notify the Server Lead of any security incidents identified
- To support the implementation of appropriate security controls into the College’s network infrastructure under the direction of the Server Lead
- To carry out installs, configurations and troubleshooting of new server/storage solutions as directed by line management
- To support the Server Lead in the development and maintenance of accurate asset inventories for equipment and software
- EITHER hold a Qualification at Level 4 or higher in a relevant discipline AND have at least one year’s experience of supporting server and storage systems in a commercial or public sector organization
- OR Have at least three years’ relevant experience of supporting server and storage systems in a commercial or public sector organisation
- Experience of backing up data and systems according to a formal back-up schedule
- Experience of supporting the installation, configuration and testing of new server and storage solutions and software
- Experience of working as part of a project team and taking responsibility for the completion of specific tasks
- Experience of maintaining the security of physical IT assets
- Experience of conducting proactive monitoring on server and storage systems to identify issues and inform planning decisions
- Experience of providing technical support for server and storage systems in accordance with SLAs
- Good knowledge of the following server applications and storage systems including:
- Microsoft server operating systems
- Virtual Machine infrastructure
- Back-up systems / software
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £33.00.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.