Temp to Perm for right candidate
Salary £8.00+ an hour
Days to be discussed at interview
We are delighted top working with our client, a privately-owned Care Home in Mid Ulster. They operate a 40-room facility in a Co. Antrim town, caring for clients with a wide variety of care specialisms. They currently have an opening for a PT Cook to assist the Head Cook in the day to day dietary requirements of the service users. The position is initially Temporary, but a Permanent position may be on offer for the right candidate.
- To prepare and cook a balanced, nutritious diet to the required high standards within a controlled hygienic environment.
- To control systems of food allocation to minimize wastage.
- To assess stock levels and accurately order provisions.
- To ensure that any other staff involved in food preparation and cooking are aware of the correct procedures to follow and of the need to complete appropriate paperwork.
- To ensure the kitchen is kept clean and hygienic at all times following a comprehensive cleaning schedule.
- To ensure that clients are provided with a variety of choices on the daily menu with consideration to their stated personal preferences.
- Make all visitors feel welcome. Give help with providing refreshments as and when required.
- Genuine interest in managing all aspects of a busy kitchen
- Hold a suitable, valid food and hygiene certificate.
- Previous cooking and kitchen experience
- A good understanding of food hygiene
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. and cover letter/note to us in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria. PDF or other file formats are not accepted. You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any that is shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice. Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible. Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate. Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary. Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles. Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released to a client.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd. acts as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business. We as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members. Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd is a Northern Ireland registered company, Reg. No NI066709. Republic of Ireland Branch Reg. No 905918, Recruitment Agency License Number: EA3347.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy.
You can review our Data Protection Policies and Privacy Notice on our own website. If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible.
Experience: See description: