Type: Permanent full-time
Based: Seapark, Carrickfergus
Organisation: The Police Service of Northern Ireland
Salary: £48,226 - £52,857
The Disclosure Manager will manage the PSNI’s contribution to the protection of sensitive material pertaining to Civil Actions, Inquests and Public Inquiries. With regards to Civil Actions and Inquests, the role holder will decide what material requires to be considered by the Chief Constable for protection by way of Public Interest Immunity using a test of ‘real harm’. With regard to Public Inquiries, the role holder will negotiate and agree with the respective Chairman of the Inquiry the non-disclosure of secret and sensitive material that requires protection in respect of Article 2 and 8 Rights (Human Rights Protection of Life and Private and Family Life).
You will have a degree, or an equivalent level qualification.
You will have experience in an investigative and disclosure environment, including:
- managing the collection, analysis and collation of secret and sensitive documents and information
- applying Human Rights and public interest immunity law
- consulting and working with senior management or director-level personnel
- managing and supervising the day-to-day activities of staff
- understanding the policies and procedures in respect of inquests and public inquiries.
You are computer literate, hold a full, current drivers’ licence that enables you to drive in Northern Ireland, and have access to a form of personal transport that will enable you to meet the full requirements of the role.
To learn more and apply CLICK APPLY NOW
Closing date: Friday 28th June 2019 at 3pm.
PSNI is committed to being representative of the community we serve and welcomes all applicants interested in a career in policing.