Vacancy Reference - 18559
We are currently recruiting for a Park Ranger for the Antrim Area. This will be a temporary role, expected to last for twelve weeks. Days of work will be Monday to Sunday on a shift pattern basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* As a member of the Arts and Culture team, contribute to the effective delivery of operational objectives of the Arts and Culture Section.
* Conduct ongoing high visibility patrols that build public confidence in Antrim Castle Gardens as a safe, well maintained and accessible heritage attraction, responding to visitor concerns and ensuring that compliance with bye laws and appropriate conduct is promoted.
* Be proactive in using appropriate measures to deal with and deter persistent problems including contravention of bye-laws, crime, vandalism and anti-social behaviour including close liaison with the PSNI and Council's Regulatory Services section.
* Report all incidents relating to contravention of bye-laws and criminal behaviour and where appropriate obtain names and addresses of those engaged in such activity and provide witness statements to the appropriate enforcement authorities.
* Conduct guided tours and actively engage with user groups, volunteers and visitors to ensure that they have an understanding and appreciation of the heritage value of Antrim Castle Gardens.
* Assist in the co-ordination, set-up/set-down, management and stewarding of events in ACG.
* Conduct regular building and site inspections, maintain records of such inspections and report all damages or losses sustained to Council property, including buildings, structures, signage, equipment, park furniture, trees and areas of soft landscaping.
* Maintain incident log-books, photographic evidence and visitor record data.
* Carry out regular litter-picking duties alongside the collection, separation and central depositing of waste/litter, dog fouling, from on-site bins.
* Assist the Head Ranger and Garden Operation and Development Officer and other members of the Culture and Heritage team with the planning and organisation of promotions and other activities that support the retention of the Green Heritage Site accreditation for Antrim Castle Gardens.
* Facilitate educational visits, environmental project work and outdoor activities.
* Liaise with statutory and voluntary agencies, particularly ecological, heritage and conservation groups in respect of advice, guidance, regulations and partnership working.
* Implement ongoing ecological assessments to ensure effective management and control of species, habitats and impacts of visitors on the site.
* As required perform the role of Duty Officer/responsible person in line with the section's procedures. Be physically involved in set ups, clear downs service, functional requests, to avoid customer delay, visitor shop cover and act as a key holder for ACG opening/ securing as required. * Ensuring daily building checks and weekly alarm checks are completed and all areas are well presented at all times.
* Manage car parking logistics and site traffic management plan as requested.
* To work flexibly across all arts and culture venues in accordance with operational needs. Ensuring necessary high standards of service delivery and consistency are achieved. Carry out any duties which may be assigned including working in other Sections of the Department and Council.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* NVQ level 2 or equivalent in an environmental, tourism or customer services related subject.
* A minimum of 2 years' experience in a direct customer focused, outdoor environmental setting including dealing directly with customers.
* An understanding of horticulture, biodiversity and built and natural heritage.
* Be available to work flexible shifts as the post involves working evenings, weekends and bank/public holidays in order to meet service requirements.
Desirable Criteria -
* Additional relevant qualifications
* A minimum of 3 years' experience in a direct customer focused, outdoor environmental setting including dealing directly with customers.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.