MCS Group is delighted to be working with one of the top Manufacturing companies in Northern Ireland to recruit for a Fabrication Manager to run operations in their Engineering department.
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for all operations within the fabrication department and will manage the relationship with our subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensure goods are produced to meet requirements in terms of H&S, quality, programme and cost.
- Ensure that a high standard of safety and housekeeping is maintained and that all relevant environmental and health & safety regulations and procedures are adhered to.
- Interpret workshop/design drawings and job sheets, complete production schedules and allocate works making best use of inhouse facilities and external cutting and machining services to ensure completion dates are met.
- Manage reporting employees and monitor performance. Ensure personnel are adequately trained and understand targets and that they are working to consistent standards, meeting delivery dates and quality requirements.
- Effective liaison with Design, the Project Team. suppliers and subcontractors to ensure that potential problems are resolved efficiently and the manufacture process is not impeded
- Provide evaluation, reports and commentary of progress to the Senior Management Team as requested.
- Determine and monitor the overall resource capacity (personnel, material and equipment) for the Metal Fabrication Department and set priorities to maintain production expectations and costs.
- Develop long term & short-term plans for improving quality, increasing production capacity & decreasing costs.
- Provide necessary technical assistance in tendering for jobs.
- Assist Senior Management to maintain harmonious employee relations, motivate employees, implement improvement strategies and reinforce Company practices and processes.
- Extensive management of general metalwork, fabrication and welding of mild steel, aluminium, brass and stainless steel.
- Experience of machinery used for general fabrication.
- Management experience in a production environment.
- A strong approach to quality and health & safety and ensuring that standards and procedures are adhered to.
- The ability to interpret and read workshop/design drawings and direct the design of the relevant components for cutting and folding in line with best practise manufacture.
- Results oriented with the ability to drive change and continuous improvement.
Full details including salary and full benefits package will be discussed upon application.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Alan Montgomery, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 96 935492
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same… MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
Experience: 0 yrs