Our client is a successful manufacturing business based in Co Antrim, who due to ongoing business success have an opening for an R&D Engineer.
The successful R&D Engineer will focus on the development and management of projects to create new products and improvements in existing that are innovative and cost effective.
- Work with senior management to access new product requirements, follow up with the development of design objectives and work plans.
- Improve and update current designs including cost saving measures.
- Carry out effective research in conjunction with projects.
- Plan effectively to ensure projects are delivered on time, to standard and to budget.
- Production of technical documentation including specifications, cost proposals and bill of materials.
- Ensuring products are designed to relevant standards.
- Production of 3D drawings and ability to carry out FEA analysis.
- Set up and management of testing and analysis. Following up on test results and re-engineering products to meet set product requirements in conjunction with other departments.
- Identify new systems and manufacturing processes to drive quality, efficiency and save costs.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with clients, colleagues and contractors involved in a project.
- Develop a strong link between Design and Production.
- Third level Engineering /Design (or similar) qualification with a minimum of 1-2 years previous experience in a similar role.
- Ability to produce 3D CAD drawings and use FEA analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Proven strong analytical, decision making and organisational skills.
- Proven results focused individual with the ability to work on own initiative.
Salary is in the region of £22 – 26k.
For further information and a confidential discussion please email your CV through the link or contact us on 02890 826044.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.