Honeycomb is delighted to be working with our education sector client, to recruit a Science Technician on a temporary ongoing contract based at Newtownabbey. Competitive package, free parking & potential extension.
The Client: Operating as the main provider of 'Further Education' across four of the eleven council areas in Northern Ireland, providing a wide remit of courses for students & adults seeking Continued Professional Development.
The Role: This credible position reports into the Curriculum Area Manager. Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Preparation of equipment, materials, and classroom area.
- Ensuring student use equipment safely while assisting of Lecturers during practical sessions.
- Monitoring and maintaining stock levels.
- Assessing the conditions of resources and equipment.
The Person: As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- Level 3 qualification in a Science Discipline.
- GCSE A-C in Mathematics and English Language or equivalent
- 2 years' post qualification experience working in the Science Industry or Science within an education provider.
- Cash handling experience.
- Experience in inventory management.
- Ability to carry out stock control and cataloguing processes using IT database.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
"Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Enhanced Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £33.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please go to:
www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/accessni-criminal-record-checks for more information."
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss. Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
Experience: 0 yrs