Your new company
The services of Hays have been retained by our client, a large Housing Body with offices throughout the country to recruit a Quality Inspector (Planned Maintenance) to work out of their office in Ballymena. This organisation has more than 85,000 properties and employs 3,000 members of staff throughout the country.
Your new role
You will be working within the Project Delivery team which is an in-house operation with delivers the Planned scheme improvement programme, with the main duties including:
- Inspecting works at various stages of construction and providing electronic reports on compliance with specifications as well as workmanship and materials used;
- To maintain a formal and organised up-to-date electronic Project File with: Weekly Reports, Emails, Photographs, Minutes, Certificates, Drawing and any other relative site information also keeping a daily diary monitoring site activity;
- Immediately advise the Project Manager of any non-compliance including Health and Safety and Welfare which requires urgent notification;
- General measurement of works as and when requested by the Project Manager;
- Accompany Project Manager during works Handover Process and in a timely and accurate manner complete all Handover paperwork and present to Contract Administrator/Project Manager for action;
What you'll need to succeed
Successful candidates should possess a degree or relevant qualification in a Technical / Construction related discipline plus 2 years post qualification experience in construction.
A BTEC Higher Certificate / Diploma or equivalent qualification plus 3 years relevant experience in construction maintenance.
Exceptionally, candidates who do not meet the qualification requirement but who can demonstrate 4 years' relevant experience in Construction maintenance may also be considered.
What you'll get in return
The role offers an immediate start where you will get the opportunity to work for a large Housing Body on a long term temporary contract. The salary banding for the position ranges from £18,000 - £28,000 per annum with weekly payment via BACS transfer with all business mileage expenses being reimbursed. The role allows for an excellent work-life balance with the working hours amounting to 37 per week along with an annual holiday entitlement of 33 days, inclusive of stats.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs