Your new company
The services of Hays have been retained by our client, a large Housing Body with offices throughout the country to recruit a Construction Health and Safety Coordinator to work out of their office in Ballymena. This organisation has more than 85,000 properties and employs 3,000 members of staff throughout the country.
Your new role
Working within the existing team you will be involved with delivering comprehensive Construction Health and Safety with the main duties including:
- Providing professional advice and guidance to senior line management in relation to the control of contractors and construction activities;
- To check, review and advise Project Managers as to the suitability of Principal Contractor's Construction Health & Safety Plans;
- Undertaking health and safety inspections of construction sites and producing reports to ensure compliance with statutory compliance;
- Stopping unsafe work, tasks, activities or processes where there is serious or imminent risk to the Health & Safety of staff, tenants, contractors, members of the public etc;
- To compile and maintain appropriate records, statistics and performance indicators as appropriate to comply with statutory requirements in relation to Health & Safety matters.
What you'll need to succeed
Suitable candidates should possess a NEBOSH general certificate along with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience within a Construction Health and Safety function. You should also possess an additional Construction Health and Safety course i.e IOSH Managing Safety in Construction along with a CSR card and access to a vehicle for business use.
What you'll get in return
You will get the opportunity to work for a large Housing Body on a long term temporary contract. This position offers an immediate start with weekly payment via BACS transfer with all business mileage expenses being reimbursed. The salary banding for the position ranges from £26,470 - £34,106 per annum. In addition to the remuneration package the role allows for an excellent work-life balance with the working hours amounting to 37 per week along with an annual holiday entitlement of 34 days, inclusive of stats.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs