Your new company
We are currently working on behalf of a large Public-Sector Organisation based in Ballymena to recruit an Estates Officer on a temporary contract for an initial period of 6 months with the opportunity for further extension.
Your new role
The Estates Officer will be responsible for the efficient and effective maintenance of services of all the organisation's properties, with the main duties including:
- Personally, be responsible for the maintenance of Building and or M&E services in the estates area;
- Respond on a day-to-day basis to requests from property users for urgent repairs and issue work to appointed contractors;
- Responsible for preparing and carrying out detailed condition surveys of properties to record and identify maintenance requirements and to prioritise work for a planned maintenance programme;
- Carry out regular visits to properties in relation to day-to-day maintenance problems and planned maintenance programmes;
- Co-coordinating and supervising multi-discipline Building and or M&E services contracts in all properties.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be considered for this post you should be able to demonstrate a HNC or HND in a relevant Building Construction / Mechanical or Electrical related discipline.
A minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification experience in a relevant Building Construction OR Mechanical / Electrical related post.
You should be able to possess:
Knowledge of health and safety legislation;
The ability to estimate costs.
What you'll get in return
This is an opportunity to join a large Public-Sector organisation which employs over 37,000 members of staff across various roles throughout Northern Ireland. Initially offered on a 6-month contract there is the possibility for further extension and progression within the role.
The salary banding ranges between £29,909 - £32,233 pro rate per annum which will be paid through Hays via BACS transfer on a weekly basis, with all business mileage expenses being reimbursed.
In addition to the generous remuneration package on offer the role allows for an excellent work life balance with the working hours amounting to 36 per week along with an impressive 37 days annual holiday entitlement per year.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs