Your new company
We are currently working on behalf of a Public-Sector body based in County Antrim to recruit an Estates Contracts Works Officer on a temporary contract basis for an initial period of 6 months.
Your new role
Working within the existing Estates Services Department you will carry out repair/maintenance duties in the delivery of the service in both Building and Engineering disciplines, with the main duties including:
- Allocation of work orders to external contractors and Directly Employed Labour via the in-house nominated computer-based systems;
- Efficiently and effectively organising resources including labour, transportation and materials;
- Supervising Engineering maintenance/repair works carried out by external contractors;
- Ensuring acceptable standards of productivity and workmanship in the execution of programmes of work;
- Assisting on calculations needed for Estate Management, including performance management reports.
What you'll need to succeed
Applicants must possess a recognised and registered Engineering CITB apprenticeship plus 3 years post apprenticeship relevant experience in Engineering Maintenance and supervising Engineering Maintenance trade staff.
Other approved training/apprenticeship as would be considered appropriate to meet this job description and 3 years post apprenticeship relevant experience in Engineering Maintenance and supervising Building / Engineering Maintenance trade staff.
BTEC National Certificate in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or equal qualification plus 2 years' post qualification relevant experience in Engineering Maintenance and supervising Engineering Maintenance trade staff.
What you'll get in return
The role offers an immediate start with a large Public-Sector organisation on a temporary contract basis for an initial period of 6 months with a possibility for further extension.
The salary banding for the position ranges between £25,000-£30,000 per annum which will be paid via Hays on a weekly basis.
In addition to the remuneration package, the role allows for an excellent work-life balance with the working hours amounting to 37.5 per week along with an annual holiday entitlement of 37 days, inclusive of stats.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs