MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting an Assistant Accountant for our manufacturing client in Co. Antrim
With over 50 years presence in the market our client are true pioneers in their industry. Due to growth this year we have a great opportunity for an assistant accountant to join the team.
You will be responsible for producing accurate and timely management accounts including timely information. Our client values their employees and as a result presents a solid benefits package and an early finish on a Friday.
Reporting to the Financial Controller your responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist in the production of monthly management accounts
- Investigate variances against budgets whilst providing commentary on differences
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Purchase Ledger - match invoices, complete cheque runs and supplier reconciliations
- Sales Ledger - post invoices and allocate cash received, ensure debts are kept within the desired time frame
- Submit VAT returns and reconcile to VAT control accounts
- Ensure accurate payroll is submitted to the relevant department on time
- Complete weekly cash flow reports and comply with banking limits
- Maintain GL
- Preparation of forecasts and annual budgets
- Complete the year end audit files as required
- Process petty cash, credit cards and fixed assets
- Third level qualification, IATI, part qualified accountant or qualified by experience
- Experience of preparing and completing accounts
- Ability to work as part of a team, to communicate effectively and achieve strict deadlines. Reliable, trustworthy and professional.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of attending management meetings and preparing cash flows and budgets/forecasts.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs