MCS Group is delighted to be Partnering a growing firm in Toombridge for an Accounting Technician on a permanent basis.
This is an excellent time to be joining the business with whom are expanding their technical services and offer a good working environment with camaraderie which is important to maintain.
Job: Accounts Technician
This is a crucial hire for business working in a small office environment with both managing a team and reporting into company directors. We are looking for a qualified Accounting Technician or a candidate with strong practical experience with a solid work ethic who's able to add value to our client's operations.
Reporting to Directors your responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist in the preparation & completion of monthly management accounts including budgets and forecasts
- Prepare and post Journals (Accruals, prepayments, depreciation etc.)
- Manage accounts payable & receivable
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns & EC Sales
- Monthly CIS submissions
- Weekly report to the directors regarding sales, projected sales, key ledger balances
- Payroll on Sage 50 payroll
- Monthly stock takes
- Prepare grant applications
- Cost analysis of jobs
- Completion of Government statistical returns
- Participating in process improvement projects
- Administrative support
- Assist with the continued development and maintenance of the combined ISO Quality, Environmental Management and Security Systems (ISO9001, 14001, NACOSS) and preparation for annual audits (and assisting external ISO consultants)
- 3 years' experience in a similar position with management desirable
- Well organised and self-motivated with the ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sage Accounts experience
- IATI qualified
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs