Vacancy Reference - 17207
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Finance Project Manager to be based in Lisburn. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm and expected to last for 1 year. The following duties will be required -
* Successfully deliver the Pensions project to time and budget as directed by the Company’s senior management, the project senior responsible owner (SRO) and Pensions Project Board
* Management and delivery of relevant project and documentation in line with best practice (e.g., PRINCE2) project management standards
* Apply appropriate project management tools and techniques to ensure efficient and effective project reporting, management and delivery
* Set up and maintain structures and governance arrangements for the effective management, quality assurance and reporting of the project
* Administer the Pensions Project Board ensuring appropriate representation from key stakeholders and effective project management and governance arrangements for the duration of the project
* Take a lead role in collaborative working with all stakeholders, customers and suppliers/vendors, ensuring strong and effective relationships are maintained at all times
* Secure the resources required for successful service delivery. Monitor overall progress and use of resources, initiating prompt and effective corrective action as and when necessary
* Liaise directly with the software supplier to manage all aspects of the Software Supplier Implementation Plan to ensure smooth flow of activity through design, build, testing and implementation phases
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* A Bachelor’s Degree (UK Qualification and Credit Framework Level 6) or an equivalent or higher qualification AND A recognised Project Management qualification e.g. Prince 2 Practitioner
* Recent demonstrable experience of successfully developing, leading and managing a system / organisational wide transformation project
* A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a project manager ensuring successful outcomes
* Experience of delivering projects on time, in budget and within scope of the outlined outcomes and benefits;
* Experience of planning and executing concurrent activities whilst ensuring appropriate risk management strategies are applied
* Demonstrable experience of engaging a wide range of stakeholders to support the delivery of a major change project and to ensure a customer centric approach
* End to end understanding of the phases in project delivery
* Clear demonstrable understanding of project management in a multi-disciplinary environment
Candidates will be required to obtain an Standard Access NI check at a cost of £26
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.