Finance Director – New and exciting role
HNH Human Capital has been retained by a very successful and high growth business based in Antrim. This is an exciting time to join the company as they continue to grow organically and by acquisition.
As part of the Executive team the role will involve:
1. Financial reporting
- Monthly reporting to Board of Directors on all finance related topics.
- Oversee preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly and annual financial information with full analysis and commentary on all variances against budget.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for funders, and company board of directors
- Overall responsibility for annual statutory accounts, audit and compliance.
- Oversee completion of all company tax returns
- Liaise with Company Secretary, auditors and tax advisors with regard to all filing deadlines.
2. Financial Planning and Analysis
- Lead and manage the annual budgetary process
- Control and evaluate the organisation’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Formulate financial targets, develop financial budgets and forecasts in accordance with the strategy determined by the board.
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Assess financial performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy and present to the board and make recommendations.
- Develop and maintain capital budget.
- Measure, monitor and, in combination with the Managing Director and Commercial Director, manage key operational targets
3. Corporate Finance
- Lead all banking relationships in terms of initial negotiation of finance together with management of ongoing relationships and renewal processes etc.
- Provide financial support and due diligence on all possible M&A and Investment opportunities.
- Prepare and present analysis of various business opportunities
4. Cash Management
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Ensure coordination between Finance / Commercial in preparation ongoing monitoring of forecast project cashflows
5. Overall control of Company Accounting, Taxation and Administration function
- Full finance responsibility for Company and related entities.
- Overall control of all financial transactions and accountancy matters
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems
- Formulate internal controls and financial procedures and ensure full compliance.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
- Experienced Finance Director/CFO who has operated within industry and provided strategic direction in a growing business of Turnover >£15m
- Chartered accountant with minimum 10 years post qualification experience
- Demonstrable experience of successfully contributing to the growth and development of a commercial business operating at board level
- Ambition and drive to succeed
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
For more information & a confidential discussion please contact Sarah Orange on 028 90 278155 or email email@example.com.